Monday, November 14, 2011

EER500 Introduction to Educational Research


Well, I have begun my second and third subjects for Master Ed (TL) and after much research and deliberation I think I have settled on an area of interest for my assignment. One of the articles we had to read for ETL 503 (Resourcing the Curriculum) is Doug Johnson's "Libraries for a post-literate society". http://www2.curriculum.edu.au/verve/_resources/connections_72.pdf
I have always been interested in how digital technology is affecting education and society and Doug's article really got me thinking. Also Australia's literacy levels have declined over the last decade (one of the few in the OECD according to PISA (http://www.pisa.oecd.org/pages/0,2987,en_32252351_32235731_1_1_1_1_1,00.html) and after a bit on online research I think I would like to find out more as to what connections there may be between literacy levels and digital technology. I also wonder how this may affect TLs and school libraries. More on this later...

No comments:

Post a Comment