Monday, December 12, 2011

Busy! Busy! Busy!



It's that time of year again! So why on earth did I sign up to do two subjects this semester? The next two weeks are going to be a blur for me as I try to complete two assignments - one due Tuesday night - midnight, and the other due next Monday night midnight. I may not have much chance to blog between now and then but after that...hopefully.


Over the last few years particularly I've become very aware of how different people view Christmas and I wonder if it's because of our experiences of Christmas growing up? I'm a bit of a "bah-humbug" kind of person (which I put down to the Christmas's we had as kids and the not-so-joyful family get-togethers we had). Another good friend of mine (who is single with no kids) gets right into the spirit and decorates her house right down to Christmassy toilet paper. She bakes and makes home made gifts for her family. I try hard every year to get into the spirit for the sake of my own children who I dearly want to grow up looking forward to Christmas and the usual family festivities, but sometimes it is difficult to go against the grain.


So how will you celebrate Christmas this year? From when the kids were little my husband and I made a decision that every Christmas day will be spent at our house so the kids can enjoy their gifts and we can wind down. We will happily visit rellies the day before or the day after but Christmas day is ours. It's truely one of the best things we have ever done and so many of my friends are jealous as they troop of to long family lunches with in-laws they would rather not spend so much time with. It is only occasionally that we invite family over Christmas day,as well, to avoid being lumped with lunch preparations. People say Christmas is about family - it is - but it does have to be with ALL of them at once!


In and around Christmas this year I'll be studying and working but I dont mind. It will keep my mind off the other stresses that usually try to find me this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment