Saturday, December 17, 2011

Resource Selection

So here I am up quite late working on an assignment for ETL503, Resourcing the curriculum. For me, this assignment has been more frustrating than others. For part of it we have to select 10 resources for an aspect of the curriculum (which we have chosen) that is not currently well resourced. Easy enough, you say, but we have to use "selection tools" to find these resources. We are being judged on the selection process, more so than the end result. I can understand why we need to do it, but it still annoys me that I have to write all the other stuff up. It's just one of those things we have to do, I suppose.

My chosen aspect of the curriculum is the area of the science syllabus to do with Charles Darwin and the theory of evolution. When I had to teach this topic while another teacher was on leave, I was very frustrated by the lack of current resources the school had and what they did have was way too heavy for the class of very average kids. I have found some amazing resources on The Teaching and Learning Exchange (TALE) (only available to NSW DET staff) that I wish I had access to when I was teaching the class. Some other sites I have found good stuff on were:



I have also recently created a separate page on the portal for weeding and selecting which has a number of links to various useful selection tools.


I have so much to do before Christmas so I am really looking forward to finishing this assignment! Do you think it would help if I got to bed a bit earlier?



No comments:

Post a Comment