Wednesday, July 13, 2011

About the portal

I have enrolled in ETL 401 - Teacher Librarianship at Charles Sturt Uni. This blog is the main technology-based task we have to complete. It is to be used as an online learning journal, enabling us to reflect on ideas, opinions and information we encounter along the way.
I chose the name "Information Portal" as this subject is, to me, a gateway to another world - a world of information and digital literacy. I have begun my journey towards becoming a teacher-librarian.
I have always wanted to start a blog, but I assumed the theme would be craft-based as that is one of my main interests. Writing publicly scares me a bit. When I put ideas into print, they never seem quite right and so I delete and start again and delete and start again. Sometimes the thoughts/ideas come too quickly and I am worried they wont make sense in print. If that's the case, bare with me. Hopefully it will all come together by the end of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment