Thursday, July 14, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

In between washing, cleaning and packing for a trip away on the weekend I've been fiddling with my blog (organising widgets, links etc), checking out websites, reading and making notes.
I'm gradually getting used to the idea of having a blog and adding bits and pieces to make it mine. I am really looking forward to seeing other students blogs as well.
I applied for a library card from the National Library and checked out Pandora, Australia's online web archive. What a fabulous resource it is! DH (Dear Husband) was most impressed when I found him some interesting info on Jack Brabham. (Other car nuts will understand this.) The website finds info to do with your search from all different websites, books and so on. I can't believe I have got this far in life without having come across it before.
Currently I am reading "Ch 5 National, State and Territory Libraries: information for the nation". This is one of the readings in the introduction module. What I've got most out of this reading is the fact that these libraries are incredibly important in collecting, preserving and enabling access to Australia's documentary heritage. They collect all kinds of items as well as books and more increasingly, digital resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment