Friday, September 2, 2011

Information Process Models with Potential

So what information process models do I feel have potential for use in my school? I cannot be sure until I actually have the chance to use some because it would really depend on the students and their needs. A few things I am certain of however -
  • I do not particularly like the one currently promoted by the DET. I have used that on a short term basis and I think in its current form it's a bit impractical and boring. I think a model needs a catchy name (ie PLUS model or BIG6) and there needs to be some great resources to support it thoughout the whole school.
  • Whichever model used needs to include the students' perspectives, acknowledge their feelings and reflection.
  • Ideally the model needs to be used throughout the school, in all subjects on a regular basis.
  • Research by the TL/teachers is essential to gain knowledge in to how the students are learning and using the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment